News, updates, recommendations on iOS, Android, Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin recommendations.
The weekend is in progress but we are sharing some interesting articles with you:
UI testing is usually ignored. The main reason why it is like that is the complexity of most of test frameworks. The Maestro library changes the way you think about UI testing and in my opinion can be considered as great tool.
Type modelling in Kotlin
Jan Mostert shares several examples of how using Kotlin features can help better model data and errors in your code.
As you can see Vasiliy Nikitin created series of blogposts about coroutines which I strongly recommend to review.
The first blog of the Web3.0 series from me so if you are interested in NFT, DeFi, Web3 it can be for you.
Thats all for this weekend, have a nice one!
iOS 16 standard Mail app has crashing issue which could be triggered by sending specially crafted text in
Issue is expected to be fixed in next updates.
Mixpanel report provides iOS 16 adoption numbers – more than 25% on September 23. This adoption rate is an improvement compared to iOS 15 adoption last year.
10 days after launch in 2021, iOS 15 was installed on just 19.3 percent of devices, as iPhone owners at the time seemed more reluctant to upgrade due to some early bugs. iOS 16 may also be more appealing because of the visual changes that it introduces.MacRumors
While we’re in the midst between iOS and iPadOS releases, we have couple of things to read during the release.
- Jordan Morgan provides overview of new concurrency model with completion handlers – Use Swift Concurrency with Completion Handlers;
- Leonardo Maia Pugliese provides developer productivity tips in Save Time With User Breakpoints in Xcode;
- iOS developer guide on the main aspects of Core Data by Natascha Fadeeva provides great overview on Core Data;
- Sarun W. covers SwiftUI view positioning in SwiftUI zIndex: Everything you need to know and also talks about view cycle in viewDidLoad() in SwiftUI;
- Aspect Fit Layout Guide by Keith Harrison explores UIKit layout engine;
- Antoine van der Lee explains typical concurrency issues in Deadlocks in Swift explained: detecting and solving;
- Majid Jabrayilov explains new Live Activities API in Displaying live activities in iOS 16;
- DocC Tutorial for Swift : Getting Started by Mina H. Gerges provides great overview of Apple’s documentation tool.
And that is it. Have some rest, probably play with new shiny Apple Watch Ultra and come over next weekend for new articles.
Apple releases iOS 16.0.2 and watchOS 9.0.1 for Apple Watch Ultra.
iOS 16.0.2 fixes several issues found recently:
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
Updates also resolve couple of security issues. Apple does not disclose the details though.
- iOS 16.0.2 Fixes iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max Camera Shake, Pasting Alerts, and More
- Apple releases iOS 16.0.2 to fix iPhone 14 Pro camera shake bug, copy and paste permission, more
- Apple Releases iOS 16.0.2 With Bug Fixes for iPhone 14 Pro Camera Vibration, Copy/Paste Issue and More
- Apple Releases watchOS 9.0.1 for Apple Watch Ultra
- watchOS 9.0.1 update arrives in time for Apple Watch Ultra launch
Who we are
We are experts, who can develop projects of any complexity and solve any issue in the mobile world, and who can deliver business and technology transformation from start to finish. We are technical influencers, who share knowledge and propose the best practices for mobile developers. We are contributors, who impact a global mobile community.
We are Mobile People.
Get the latest News
Please share your email so Mobile People can send you guides and tech news