News, updates, recommendations on iOS, Android, Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin recommendations.
Apple releases bug fix releases for iOS/iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and macOS Monterey. No new features or significant changes are report for this release.
Updates include security content.
watchOS 8.7.1 is available only for Apple Watch Series 3
watchOS 8.7.1 fixes reboot issues with Apple Watch Series 3 model only.
- Apple releases iOS 15.6.1 with bug fixes and performance improvements
- Apple Releases watchOS 8.7.1
- Apple Releases macOS Monterey 12.5.1 With Security Updates
- iOS 15.6.1 fixes two security vulnerabilities that were actively exploited in the wild
- watchOS 8.7.1 update fixes reboot bug affecting Apple Watch Series 3 models
Apple publishes beta 6 for iOS/iPadOS 16, macOS 13 Ventura, watchOS 9, tvOS 16. No corresponding Xcode beta was released though.
In this beta Apple keeps polishing percentage display on battery level for iPhones.
Beta download: Operating Systems
- iOS & iPadOS 16 Beta 6 Release Notes
- macOS 13 Ventura Beta 6 Release Notes
- watchOS 9 Beta 6 Release Notes
- tvOS 16 Beta 6 Release Notes
One beta closer to release of iOS 16 and new weekend brings us new articles to read.
- Peter Tretyakov continues his series on Metal with Shaders Explained: Gradients – really great deep dive;
- Using UIPasteControl in a UIMenu in iOS 16 by Will Bishop reminds on improvements with pasteboard access in iOS 16;
- Great tip on debugging main thread stalls by Jesse Squires – Implementing a main thread watchdog on iOS;
- Sarun W. shares two great articles on SwiftUI layout details – What is the fixedSize modifier in SwiftUI and Responsive layout in SwiftUI with ViewThatFit;
- Majid Jabrayilov writes another great article on SwiftUI views, this time it is
Grid– Mastering grid layout in SwiftUI;
- How To Create Custom UICollectionViewListCell Using SwiftUI by Lee Kah Seng navigates on use of both UIKit and SwiftUI efficiently;
- Great cheat sheet on accessibility – Cheat sheet on VoiceOver gestures for iOS by Natascha Fadeeva;
- Shared with You implementation and testing explained by Antoine van der Lee goes into details of new iOS 16 feature that helps to share app content between users;
- Point-Free Pointers share new article on adding structured concurrency to Composable Architecture – Async Composable Architecture;
- Recreating C++ atoi Function in Swift by Leonardo Maia Pugliese shows interesting exercise on using Swift.
Come back next weekend for more interesting topics!
Apple removed mentions that Hide my Email iCloud+ feature will be available for third-party apps in macOS 13 Ventura. It is not known if feature will be removed or postponed. Some of other features are marked as ‘coming soon’.
Initially, it was advertised that ‘Hide my Email’ will be available for third-party apps simplifying process of creating new email address for a specific service.
Hello Android funs, here are some articles for you:
I have read hundreds articles about performance and this one can be very useful if you need to play with optimization.
Recomposition in Jetpack Compose is the mechanism in which state changes are reflected within an app’s UI. To accomplish this, Compose will rerun a composable function whenever its inputs change. Unfortunately it may break performance optimisations built into Compose and trigger unnecessary work, which have the potential to slow down an app’s UI and waste precious device resources.
I think that one of the latest struggles we had with Jetpack Compose was the implementation of the input field that resizes its font when the text is wider than the input field.
Quite old article but interesting. The Author described different types of channels in Kotlin.
Who we are
We are experts, who can develop projects of any complexity and solve any issue in the mobile world, and who can deliver business and technology transformation from start to finish. We are technical influencers, who share knowledge and propose the best practices for mobile developers. We are contributors, who impact a global mobile community.
We are Mobile People.
Get the latest News
Please share your email so Mobile People can send you guides and tech news