Connecting people & mobile technologies
We’re a community of people in love with mobile technologies, both native and cross-platform ones. We provide news, articles and podcasts targeted at everyone.
News, updates, recommendations on iOS, Android, Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin recommendations.
Apple reminds developers on important deadlines for receipt certificate changes and notarization tools
Apple notifies developers on upcoming changes in purchase receipt signing certificate. Developers who use custom receipt validation should update their software accordingly.
If your app validates App Store receipts on device, make sure your app will support the SHA-256 version of this certificate. New apps and app updates that don’t support the SHA-256 version of this certificate will no longer be accepted by the App Store starting August 14, 2023.Apple Developer
Apple also notifies developers that they should migrate to Xcode 14 or
notarytool utility by November 1, 2023. Submissions from Xcode 13 and
altool utilities will be no longer accepted then.
- June 20, 2023. Receipts in the sandbox environment will be signed with the SHA‑256 version of this certificate for devices running a minimum of iOS 16.6, iPadOS 16.6, tvOS 16.6, watchOS 9.6, or macOS Ventura 13.5.
- August 14, 2023. Receipts in new apps and app updates submitted to the App Store, as well as all apps in sandbox, will be signed with the SHA‑256 intermediate certificate.
- November 1, 2023. Notarization requests will be only accepted by Xcode 14 and newer or
Weekend good reads for Apple developers #2023/21
We’re almost there for WWDC23. Just a little bit over a week. And we’ve got good collection of articles for this long weekend.
- Amazing guide on push notifications by Natascha Fadeeva – Developer guide on push notifications for iOS;
- Natalia Panferova also explains to test remote push notifications with Simulator – Testing remote push notifications on iOS simulator in Xcode 14;
- And one more her article is about
Layoutprotocol in SwiftUI – Using Layout protocol to align explicitly positioned views in SwiftUI;
- Back deploy Swift Function by Sarun W. explains how swift functions could be back deployed to previous iOS versions;
- Antoine van der Lee shares his hints on how to get featured on App Store – 10 Tips to Get Your App Featured on the App Store;
- Handling WebP Images When Using PHPickerViewController by Lee Kah Seng might be useful for those who work with different image formats;
- Stefan Kieleithner provides a guide on making stylable UI components in UIKit – Customizable UI Components on iOS Using UIKit;
- Swift Concurrency Continuations: Getting Started by Alessandro Di Nepi gives great advises on mixing legacy and new concurrency models in Swift;
- Jacob Eiting gives an overview of effective communications – How we communicate at RevenueCat.
And while you’re still here, we’d like to invite you to our pre-WWDC Apple Treats episode – join us live on May 30 at 9:00am PDT. See you there! 🙂
Apple stops signing iOS 16.4.1
Apple stops signing iOS and iPadOS 16.4.1 preventing downgrades.
Reference: Apple Stops Signing iOS 16.4.1 to Prevent Downgrading
iPad shipments more than doubled in China in Q1
AppleInsider refers to Canalys’ report claiming that iPad shipments are more than doubled year over year in 2023 Q1.
A report from Canalys seen by AppleInsider shows that shipments of the iPad more than doubled YoY in China for Q1 2023. The tablet market was particularly strong for the quarter, with 38% growth in total.AppleInsider
The report says Apple’s market share also jumped by about 13% to 38.4% YoY.
Reference: iPad shipments more than doubled in China for Q1 versus 2022
Who we are?
We are experts, who can develop projects of any complexity and solve any issue in the mobile world, and who can deliver business and technology transformation from start to finish. We are technical influencers, who share knowledge and propose the best practices for mobile developers. We are contributors, who impact a global mobile community.
We are Mobile People
Get the latest News
Please share your email so Mobile People can send you guides and tech news