News, updates, recommendations on iOS, Android, Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin recommendations.
Let’s spend first July weekend with some good reads.
- SwiftUI new addition – renderers are covered in SwiftUI Renderers and Their Tricks by javier;
- Majid Jabrayilov covers power of
taskmodifier in The power of task view modifier in SwiftUI;
- How to change status bar color in SwiftUI by Sarun W. provides an overview of new and old view modifiers affecting status bar;
- Another take on Swift existential types Existential any in Swift explained with code examples by Antoine van der Lee;
- macOS system extension development is now much easier thanks to ExtensionKit, here is an example by Guilherme Rambo – Creating custom extension points for Mac apps with ExtensionKit;
- Introducing XCTUnimplemented by Point-Free Pointers intends to simplify unit testing for production apps;
- Easily access system folders in iOS 16 – Get URLs for system folders in iOS 16 by Natalia Panferova got you covered;
- Couple of good articles on formatting by Brett Ohland – FormatSyle Deep Dive, What’s new with FormatStyles in iOS 16, From Strings to Data using ParsableFormatStyle and Formatting your own types.
And that’s a wrap for today. See you next week with more interesting articles!
Apple publishes an update on regulations requiring Apple to provide third-party payment options in South Korea for in-app purchases.
As with Netherlands app developers should request specific entitlement and provide information on payment system used by the app.
Developers are to pay Apple 26% commission on purchases made through external payment providers. It is still developer’s responsibility to calculate and report overall sales made through external systems, while Apple maintains the right to conduct audits.
- Update on apps distributed in South Korea
- Distributing apps using a third-party payment provider in South Korea
- App Store apps can now use third-party payment providers in South Korea
- App Store Developers in South Korea Can Now Use Alternative Payment Providers
- App Developers Can Apply to Use Third-Party Payment Processors in South Korea With Limitations
- StoreKit External Purchase Entitlement for South Korea
- Netherlands and Apple Reach External Payments Agreement
Initial beta versions of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 had noticeable change in Home app. iPad was not eligible to act as Home Hub anymore.
Apple made a comment that iPad could be used as Home hub for “current features” while undisclosed “new features”, probably won’t be supported.
As of now, it seems that these “new features” are related to Matter standard which HomeKit is adopting.
Apple getting updates for current OSes ready. Fourth round of beta versions is published for iOS/iPadOS 15.6, macOS 12.5, watchOS 8.7, tvOS 15.6.
No significant changes reported in new beta versions.
Beta Download: Operating Systems
Who we are
We are experts, who can develop projects of any complexity and solve any issue in the mobile world, and who can deliver business and technology transformation from start to finish. We are technical influencers, who share knowledge and propose the best practices for mobile developers. We are contributors, who impact a global mobile community.
We are Mobile People.
Get the latest News
Please share your email so Mobile People can send you guides and tech news