Connecting people & mobile technologies
We’re a community of people in love with mobile technologies, both native and cross-platform ones. We provide news, articles and podcasts targeted at everyone.
News, updates, recommendations on iOS, Android, Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin recommendations.
Apple publishes Release Candidate for iOS/iPadOS 17.2, macOS Sonoma 14.2, watchOS 10.2 and tvOS 17.2.
Xcode 15.1 RC is also available for download.
iMessage Contact Key Verification is being added in this RC. Also RC fixes wireless changing for GM cars, as well as enabling Qi2 support on iPhone 13 and newer. Improvements for telephoto camera for iPhone 15 Pro is also reported.
Siri gets access to health data on iPhone and Apple Watch.
Apple also prepared RC for iOS/iPadOS 16.7.3.
Beta download: Operating Systems
- iOS & iPadOS 17.2 RC Release Notes
- macOS Sonoma 14.2 RC Release Notes
- watchOS 10.2 RC Release Notes
- tvOS 17.2 RC Release Notes
- Xcode 15.1 RC Release Notes
- iMessage Contact Key Verification
- Here are the full iOS 17.2 release notes: Every new feature and change
- iOS 17.2 unlocks Qi2 wireless charging support on older iPhone models
- OS 17.2 Brings Qi2 Support to iPhone 13 and iPhone 14 Models
- iOS 17.2 improves Telephoto camera on iPhone 15 Pro, Apple says
- iOS 17.2 and watchOS 10.2 Allow Siri to Access and Log Health Data
- iOS 17.2 Fixes Bug Preventing Wireless Charging From Working in Some Vehicles
- Here are the new Weather widgets for iPhone with iOS 17.2
- Apple says iOS 17.2 fixes iPhone wireless charging problems in ‘certain vehicles’
- iTunes Movies and TV Shows app discontinued with new Apple TV update
- The Standalone iTunes Movies and TV Shows Apps Are Discontinued in tvOS 17.2
- Apple Eliminating iTunes Movies and TV Show Apps in tvOS 17.2
Swift community already started bringing Swift to embedded platforms. Now memory-mapped IO library is being announced.
swift-mmio is designed to provide safe and secure APIs for fundamental low-level operations required in embedded firmware development, such as reading and writing memory-mapped registers. Drawing inspiration from mmio libraries in languages like C++ and Rust, swift-mmio focuses on improving the correctness of code interacting with MMIO.Rauhul Varma, Swift Forums
Library is available as Swift Package on GitHub.
Swift Forums: Introducing Swift MMIO
Apple announces that App Store review team will work through holidays, but review time might be increased.
The busiest season on the App Store is almost here! Make sure your apps and games are up to date and ready in advance of the upcoming holidays. We’ll remain open throughout the season and look forward to accepting your submissions. On average, 90% of submissions are reviewed in less than 24 hours. However, reviews may take a bit longer to complete from December 22 to 27.Apple Developer
Apple Developer: Get your apps ready for the holidays
Counterpoint shares the report highlighting Q3 sales numbers for Apple Watch. Another take from the report is that Huawei is gaining Samsung’s share in wearables segment.
Apple delivered its best-ever Q3 performance, with a 7% YoY increase in shipments. This achievement is particularly noteworthy given that the latest Apple Watch, a key product in their lineup, was released slightly later than the previous year. The strong shipments of the 2nd-generation SE model significantly contributed to the growth of the industry leader.9to5Mac
Who we are?
We are experts, who can develop projects of any complexity and solve any issue in the mobile world, and who can deliver business and technology transformation from start to finish. We are technical influencers, who share knowledge and propose the best practices for mobile developers. We are contributors, who impact a global mobile community.
We are Mobile People
Get the latest News
Please share your email so Mobile People can send you guides and tech news