The third Beta of Android 12 is now available for you to test. Along with the latest updates like privacy indicator APIs, app search, and enhanced auto-rotate, Beta 3 also includes the final Android 12 APIs and the official SDK. With these changes, you can start testing and updating your app.
Main changes included in Beta 3:
– Scrolling screenshots to capture a screenshot of content that’s scrollable
– On-device search which apps can index structured data and search over it with built-in full-text search capabilities
– Privacy indicator APIs in WindowInsets
– Camera and microphone toggles configurable for enterprises
– New permission for CDM-paired apps starting foreground services
– The official API Level 31 SDK
– Game Mode APIs
Platform Stability is coming up with the next Beta 4.
Developer:Test app on Android 12, consider implementation of some new features
QA engineer:Test app on Android 12
PM/DM:Test app on Android 12, consider implementation of some new features,. Inform customer about potential risks and needed changes.