Apple is removing some of intents used to add Siri support to the application in iOS 15. Apple states that these Intents had very low adoption.
When iOS 15 is released if user asks Siri to perform such action Siri will respond that this is not possible. Also, when building on iOS 15 SDK usage of these intents will trigger compilation warning.
Here is a list of intents getting removed:
- Set Audio Source in Car: INSetAudioSourceInCarIntent
- Set Climate Settings in Car: INSetClimateSettingsInCarIntent
- Set Defroster Settings in Car: INSetDefrosterSettingsInCarIntent
- Set Seat Settings in Car: INSetSeatSettingsInCarIntent
- Save Profile in Car: INSaveProfileInCarIntent
- Set Profile in Car: INSetProfileInCarIntent
- Set Radio Station: INSetRadioStationIntent
Lists and Notes
- Append to Note: INAppendToNoteIntent
- Create Task List: INCreateTaskListIntent
- Delete a Task: INDeleteTasksIntent
- Pay a Bill: INPayBillIntent
- Search for Bills: INSearchForBillsIntent
- Transfer Money (between accounts): INTransferMoneyIntent
- Search for Photos: INSearchForPhotosIntent
- Start Photo Playback: INStartPhotoPlaybackIntent
Note: While Siri functionality will be removed from the following intents, Maps functionality will continue to be supported.
- List Ride Options: INListRideOptionsIntent
- Request a Ride: INRequestRideIntent
- Get the Ride Status: INGetRideStatusIntent
- Cancel Ride: INCancelRideIntent
- Send Ride Feedback: INSendRideFeedbackIntent
- Get Visual Code: INGetVisualCodeIntent
- Search Call History: INSearchCallHistoryIntent
Apple Developer: Deprecated SiriKit Intent Domains
Reference: Some Siri commands for third-party apps will stop working with iOS 15
Developer:Consider Shortcuts integrations for removed intents.
QA engineer:Business us usual.
PM/DM:Consider adjusting task backlog to accommodate changes.
You must log in to post a comment.