Also, 30 percent wear an Apple Watch, Piper Sandler survey claims.
Other notable findings include:
- 87% of teens in the Fall 2021 survey own an iPhone
- 88% of teens expect an iPhone to be their next phone
- Over 22% of teens expect to upgrade to an iPhone 13 this fall/winter
- iPhone 12 ownership increased to 20% in the Fall 2021 survey, up from ~12%. iPhones older than two years old saw their ownership decline by ~12%
- A record 30% of teens own an Apple Watch in the Fall 2021 survey. Apple also has 86% market share among teen smart watch owners
- 30% of teens use a fitness app as a part of their workout regimen. Of fitness app users, over 50% use an Apple app
- 67% of teens own AirPods in the Fall 2021 survey, down slightly from the Spring
- Half of teens are concerned about their internet activity being tracked
- 56% of teens are not interested in Apple’s new iCloud+ service
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Consider prioritizing iOS releases for apps targeting teens. Fitness is popular within teens too.