Apple published updates to its iOS and iPadOS design resource catalog.
According to blog post the following changes have been made for Sketch and XD:
- Text now uses SF Pro instead of SF Pro Text and SF Pro Display
- Text now uses NY instead of NY Small, NY Medium, NY Large, and NY Extra Large
- iPhone screen sizes now match iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 (390 by 844 points)
- iPhone and iPad hardware bezels updated
- Downloads for design templates (used to make comps) now separated from production templates (used to make assets)
- Apple Pay design templates updated to iOS 15
- Siri design templates updated to iOS 15
- Apple Wallet design templates updated to iOS 15 and now include access key template
- New button system for iOS added
- iOS app icon production templates now include icon grid
- System colors now include mint, cyan, and brown
- iOS wallpaper updated
- iPadOS dock updated
- Appearance of notifications platter, icon, and actions updated
- Extra-large widget added for iPad
- Small, medium, and large widget sizes updated
- Search bar added to emoji keyboard, and new popover keyboards and popover action sheet added for iPad
- iPad Slide Over size and shadow updated
- Table row actions added for sidebar and table views
- Touch ID and Face ID components added
- Single-card style modal view for iPhone and iPad added
- Wheel-style date picker and time picker added
- Appearance of Home Screen quick action menus updated
- Multitasking indicator updated for iPad
Apple Developer: iOS and iPadOS Apple Design Resources Updated
Apple Design Resources: iOS & iPadOS
Developer:Use updated design resources accordingly.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Use updated design resources accordingly.