Big day for Apple users – macOS 12.1 Monterey with SharePlay support is released. iOS/iPadOS 15.2 is also released together with watchOS 8.3 and tvOS 15.2.
Important new features in the updates:
- SharePlay is available on macOS 12.1 Monterey;
- iOS, iPadOS, watchOS provide App Privacy Report allowing users to inspect app network activity in a friendly form;
- Communication safety features for children are added, will notify children of potentially unsafe content;
- Digital Legacy is now added allowing users to designate people to take care of Apple ID when user passes away;
- Updates add support for Apple Music Voice plan;
- Xcode 13.2 brings support for upcoming Swift Playgrounds 4 project format;
- Swift Concurrency back deployment is now enabled in Xcode 13.2.
Xcode download from App Store might be broken for now
According to Developer Forums thread there might be issues with Xcode 13.2 downloaded from App Store. This issues might also be already resolved. In case, you see similar behavior, please use Developer Downloads section to get Xcode 13.2.
Together with macOS Monterey, Apple also pushed security updates for macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina.
Apple also updates Developer Agreement to reflect changes related to Swift Playgrounds 4 and Xcode Cloud.
HomePodOS gets 15.2 update which brings new Siri languages including Dutch and Russian, hinting new territories for HomePod sales. tvOS 15.2 also gets new languages supported for Siri.
Notably, Universal Control feature is postponed til Spring 2022.
- About iOS 15 Updates
- About iPadOS 15 Updates
- About watchOS 8 Updates
- What’s new in the updates for macOS Monterey
- About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates
- Xcode 13.2 Release Notes
- Apple Releases tvOS 15.2 for Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K
- Apple Releases watchOS 8.3 With Apple Music Voice Plan and App Privacy Report
- Apple Releases iOS 15.2 With App Privacy Report, Legacy Contacts, Hide My Email Improvements and More
- Apple Releases HomePod Software 15.2 With Apple Music Voice Plan Support
- Apple Releases macOS Monterey 12.1 With SharePlay
- Apple Officially Delays macOS Monterey Universal Control Until Spring 2022
- macOS 12.1
- iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2
- iOS 15.2 Features: Everything New in iOS 15.2
- Xcode 13.2 update hints at upcoming Swift Playgrounds 4 release
- Apple updates its Developer Program agreement to clarify use of Swift Playgrounds, Xcode Cloud, more
- Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.6.2 and Catalina update with security fixes
Developer:Try apps on new releases. Beware of installing Xcode 13.2 from App Store, check when build is refreshed.
QA engineer:Try apps on new releases for regressions.
PM/DM:Release apps with SharePlay support.