Multiple clones of now popular Wordle game were submitted to App Store, including those with $30 yearly subscription. None of these apps are related to original web game.
After the social network backlash Apple removed all these game clones from App Store.
However, this is not the only scam app on App Store. Another report shows that Apple even promoted scam app with purchased reviews.
So, the problem persists. On the other hand, sometimes unfair and unethical apps are still removed from App Store.
- App Store Scam of the Week: ‘AmpMe’
- PSA: Wordle clone with annual subscription is the latest rip-off to hit the App Store [U: Removed]
- Clones of Popular ‘Wordle’ Game Flooding App Store, Including One Charging $30 Per Year [Updated]
- ‘Wordle’ clones further illustrate the curation problem in the App Store
- ★ The App Store Is (Well, Was) Lousy With Blatant Wordle Rip-Offs, but One of Them Takes the Cake
- Wordle Clones
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Avoid unethical App Store optimization practices.