During the investor call, Apple reported record-setting results with 11% revenue growth, iPhone taking significant growth in various markets.
Apple estimates 1.8 billion active devices across the world. Might cross 2 billion this year. This includes iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, Apple Watches, Macs and Apple TVs. Individual breakdown for device types was not given though.
Mac sales grew 25% YoY (mostly Apple Silicon), while iPad sales went down 14%. Notably, services show significant grow – 24% YoY.
Apple expects supply chain constraints to be improved in spring.
Topic of “metaverse” was discussed during investor call, no specific details was given though. Tim Cook mentioned that Apple always explores new opportunities and provided estimates on ARKit apps in App Store.
Apple Newsroom: Apple Reports First Quarter Results
- Apple reports record Q1 2022 holiday earnings: $123.95 billion revenue
- Apple Q1 2022 Results – $123.95 Billion Revenue
- Apple Reports Record 1Q 2022 Results: $34.6B Profit on $123.9B Revenue
- Apple Reports All-Time Quarterly Revenue Records for iPhone, Mac, Wearables, and Services
- Supplies of Apple Products to Improve in March Quarter
- Apple Now Has More Than 1.8 Billion Active Devices Worldwide
- Apple Reports Q1 2022 Results
- Tim Cook says Apple ‘sees a lot of potential’ in the metaverse, ‘investing accordingly’
- Notes of interest from Apple’s blockbuster holiday quarter earnings report
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Expect improvements with Apple Silicon Macs. Expect more customers having iCloud subscriptions.