Apple follows regulator decision in Netherlands and now allowing dating apps to use external payment methods. This, however, requires app developers to adopt new entitlements.
Apps using these entitlements should have separate binary targeted only for Netherlands App Store.
Moreover, Apple will still collect commission on payments made through external payment systems.
Apple’s approach to comply with requirements will be examined by ACM before taking effect.
- Update on dating apps distributed on the App Store in the Netherlands
- Distributing dating apps in the Netherlands
- Apple to Allow In-App Third-Party Payment Options for First Time in the Netherlands
- Dutch Regulators to Meet With Dating App Providers to Assess Apple’s Plan for Alternate In-App Payment Options
- StoreKit External Purchase Entitlement for Netherlands
- Apple makes it clear it will get its app commission regardless of payment method
- 9to5Mac: Apple Will Allow Dating Apps in the Netherlands to Use Alternative Payment Systems, But Developers Must Maintain a Separate App Binary
Developer:Check the requirements for supporting external payment methods, consider implications.
QA engineer:Plan testing of external payment methods.
PM/DM:Check the regulations, consider, if support for external payment methods is feasible.