Apple publishes an update on regulations requiring Apple to provide third-party payment options in South Korea for in-app purchases.
As with Netherlands app developers should request specific entitlement and provide information on payment system used by the app.
Developers are to pay Apple 26% commission on purchases made through external payment providers. It is still developer’s responsibility to calculate and report overall sales made through external systems, while Apple maintains the right to conduct audits.
- Update on apps distributed in South Korea
- Distributing apps using a third-party payment provider in South Korea
- App Store apps can now use third-party payment providers in South Korea
- App Store Developers in South Korea Can Now Use Alternative Payment Providers
- App Developers Can Apply to Use Third-Party Payment Processors in South Korea With Limitations
- StoreKit External Purchase Entitlement for South Korea
- Netherlands and Apple Reach External Payments Agreement
Developer:Check the documentation on external payment provider implementation requirements.
QA engineer:Check the external provider options for testing purchases.
PM/DM:Check the limitations and requirements. Calculate possible financial benefits.