Apple made couple of hardware announcements today.
New iPad gets new form-factor, USB-C port and new color options. iPad is now powered by A14 Bionic chip. Touch ID is moved to Power button.
Interestingly front facing camera is using landscape placing.
Controversially new iPad supports first generation of Apple Pencil and will require dongle to pair and charge via USB-C.
New iPad supports WiFi 6 and 5G.
9th generation iPad is still on sale. 10th generation sees significant price increase comparing to previous model.
New iPad Pro is powered by M2 chip. It now supports Apple Pencil hover which provides guidance on pencil position before it touches the screen which should provide better visual clues in various applications.
New iPad Pro supports WiFi 6E.
Pricing is unchanged for both iPad Pro models.
Apple TV 4K
Apple TV 4K refresh is now using A15 Bionic chip. Apple TV 4K now supports HDR10+. Storage is increased for both models, however, smaller storage model does not have Ethernet port anymore and also does not provide Thread support.
Apple TV Siri Remote now has USB-C port.
Apple shared video announcement of iPads.
Apple also announced that iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1 and macOS 13 Ventura will be released on October 24.
- Apple unveils completely redesigned iPad in four vibrant colors
- Apple introduces next-generation iPad Pro, supercharged by the M2 chip
- Apple introduces the powerful next-generation Apple TV 4K
- Apple Unveils 10th-Gen iPad With Complete Redesign, 10.9-Inch Display, USB-C, and More
- Apple debuts all-new iPad 10: Larger display, four colors, landscape front camera, more
- New iPad Only Supports First-Gen Apple Pencil, Requires Adapter to Charge
- Apple announces new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro with M2 chip, Apple Pencil hover feature
- Apple Announces New iPad Pro With M2 Chip, Hovering Apple Pencil Feature, and More
- M2 iPad Pro Supports Wi-Fi 6E for the First Time
- M2 iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular Models Drop GSM/EDGE Support
- M2 iPad Pro Features New Hover Mode for Apple Pencil
- M2 iPad Pro Seemingly Features Exact Same Display and Camera Hardware as 2021 Model
- M2 iPad Pro Tidbits: ProRes Video Support, RAM Configurations, and More
- Apple announces new Apple TV 4K with A15 Bionic chip and HDR10+ support
- $149 Apple TV 4K 128GB Model Includes Ethernet and Thread Support, 64GB Version Does Not
- Apple TV Remote Now Has a USB-C Port
- New Apple TV is Thinner and Weighs 50% Less With Fanless Design
- iPadOS 16 With Stage Manager, Weather App, and More to Be Available on October 24
- macOS Ventura With Stage Manager and More Launching October 24
- Apple Shares 9-Minute Keynote-Styled Video for New iPad and iPad Pro
Developer:Check device capabilities, consider adding corresponding changes to existing apps. Be ready for iPadOS release, plan support for Stage Manager. Check Apple Pencil hover API requirements.
QA engineer:Plan test device pool updates accordingly. Test apps for iPadOS 16 compatibility, Stage Manager should be tested separately.
PM/DM:Plan test and development device purchases.