Following the yesterday’s updates to iOS and other platforms Apple now updates tvOS and HomePod software to 16.3.
Most notable feature would be enabling humidity and temperature sensors in HomePod mini.
HomePod software updates include:
- Temperature and humidity sensing measures your indoor climate with HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod mini
- Remastered ambient sounds are more immersive and can now be added to scenes, automations, and alarms in the Home app
- Find My on HomePod now enables you to ask Sir for the location of friends and family, if they have shared it with you
- Recurring Home automations can be set up using just your voice
- Siri confirmation tone will now play to indicate when smart home requests are completed for accessories that may not visibly show a change or are located in a different room
- Audio tuning optimizes spoken content such as podcasts for even greater clarity on HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod (1st generation)
- Updated volume controls on HomePod (1st generation) give you more granular adjustments at lower volumes
- HomePod software update 16.3 now rolling out, here’s everything new
- Apple Releases HomePod 16.3 Software With Humidity and Temperature Sensing, Find My Improvements, Audio Tuning, and More
Developer:Check apps for compatibility issues. Check how new sensors behave in HomePod mini.
QA engineer:Check apps for regressions. Check how new sensors behave in HomePod mini.
PM/DM:Business as usual.