Apple publishes beta 3 for iOS/iPadOS 16.4, macOS Ventura 13.3, watchOS 9.4 and tvOS 16.4. No corresponding Xcode beta is published.
Apple now addresses question raised by developers on how to use developer Apple ID to get beta on the device. Users could pick separate Apple ID to install beta software on the device.
Apple also now warns users that Rapid Security Response might be incompatible with some applications.
Researches also noticed that future Car Key implementations could solely rely on UWB and drop support for NFC.
watchOS 9.4 beta addresses issue on Apple Watch Series 6 (44mm model) incorrectly estimating total battery capacity.
Beta download: Operating Systems
- iOS & iPadOS 16.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- macOS Ventura 13.3 Beta 3 Release Notes
- watchOS 9.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- tvOS 16.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- iOS 16.4 Will Let You Specify an Apple ID to Use for Beta Access
- Apple Continues Building Out Rapid Security Response Feature in iOS 16.4 Beta
- iOS 16.4 beta hints at Car Key feature dropping NFC support in the future
- Everything new in iOS 16.4 beta 3
Developer:Check apps for compatibility issues. Consider using separate developer Apple ID to get beta on the devices.
QA engineer:Check apps for regressions. Consider using separate developer Apple ID to get beta on the devices.
PM/DM:Consider adding analytics for app crashes due to Rapid Security Responses. Be ready to warn users of possibilities of apps not working due to these software updates.