Apple shared a report claiming that App Store prevented more than $2b fraudulent transactions.
Apple mentions following measures:
- 428k accounts were terminated due to fraudulent activity
- over 100 million account creation request were blocked
- 282 million accounts were deactivated
- almost 1.7 million app submissions were rejected
- ratings were also checked for fraund
- almost 4 million stolen credit cards were blocked from use
- 714k accounts were banned from App Store
- over $2b fraudulent transactions were prevented
Apple sees a lot of criticism from regulators, users and developers for its App Store practices. And sides usually request Apple to loosen and harden App Store requirements at the same time. This reports provides some visibility for Apple efforts on making App Store safe for users and developers.
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Communicate report findings to stakeholders.