Google now supports passkeys allowing passwordless experience. Also, when using passkey you don’t need to use 2FA to sign in to your account.
Passkeys created on Apple devices are synced through iCloud Keychain, making it easier to sign in from any device.
As per 9to5Mac, for passkeys to work, user should be using:
- Google: Chrome 109+, Android 9+, ChromeOS 109+
- Apple: Safari 16+, iOS 16, macOS Ventura
- Microsoft: Edge 109+, Windows 10/11
In order to set up passkey for your account, follow this link.
Google Blog: The beginning of the end of the password
Apple Developer: Passkeys
- You can now use passkeys to sign into your Google Account
- Google Announces Support for Account Passkeys
Developer:Get familiar with passkeys.
QA engineer:Prepare passkey-based sign in test cases.
PM/DM:Consider adding support for passkeys where appropriate.