Apple rolls out new ad format for Today tab in App Store for iPhone.
- The new format will be simplified to feature the app icon, name, and subtitle that you entered in App Store Connect. This updated format will appear in all countries and regions where Today tab ads currently run.
- Ads will be fully visible on the Today tab, no longer requiring scrolling to see the entire ad.
- The new format will only run on iPhone devices using iOS 16.4 and later. Today tab ads won’t be available on iOS 16.3 or earlier, or on iPad.
Apple also makes improvements to approval process and ad guidelines.
Apple Search Ads: Changes coming to Today tab ads
- iPhone App Store rolling out new ad format, visible on Today tab without scrolling
- App Store Ads in Today Tab Switching to More Compact Design in July
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Get familiar with updates coming in July, consider using new ad format, if applicable.