WWDC23 week is over, all announcements are already made, Apple and developers are going through highlights of the conference.
Apple lists important sessions on spatial computing, developer tools, Swift, UI frameworks, design, graphics and games, ML, privacy and security, and other topics.
Apple also asks developers to take part in survey that could shape the future of conference.
macOS 14 Sonoma
Developers highlight FaceTime reactions, presenter mode for screen sharing and various of other features.
Widgets availability for macOS should help bringing more apps to Mac from iPhone and iPad.
Another area of interest is support for web apps.
Apple TV is to support VPN apps with tvOS 17. This will put tvOS on par with other Apple platforms.
Also, tvOS will improve sound for dialogs to make voice more audible. This feature requires second generation HomePod (original HomePod and HomePod mini are not supported) and Apple TV 4K.
DockKit SDK and Standby mode bring interesting capabilities for apps and also could hint on more standalone home devices.
Autocorrect in standard keyboard is expected to become much better with iOS 17.
iCloud Drive now could be switched off and third-party apps will still be able to sync via iCloud.
Analysts expect that more affordable version of Vision Pro will be released in 2025.
Benchmarks for M2 Ultra show significant improvements over M1 Ultra chips. New chip is 20% faster than previous generation.
- macOS Sonoma Tidbits: New FaceTime UI, Safari Profiles, Screen Sharing Improvements, and More
- macOS 14 feature roundup: Presenter Overlay, Reactions, widgets, more
- Apple TV to Support VPN Apps on tvOS 17
- WWDC 2023: Here’s everything Apple announced this week
- iOS 17 has new DockKit API to integrate camera apps with motorized iPhone stands
- Top Five iOS 17 Features
- tvOS 17 helps you hear what people are saying in shows, when using HomePods as speakers
- CloudKit and the iCloud Drive Switch
- Apple still aiming to release a more affordable version of Vision Pro by the end of 2025
- M2 Ultra Chip Benchmark Results Reveal Impressive Performance Gains
Developer:Go through important topics, take a part in survey.
QA engineer:Go through important topics, take a part in survey.
PM/DM:Familiarize with new features and development capabilities.