Another week has passed, no new visionOS SDK is published. So, let’s spend this weekend reading some great articles from all around the world.
- How to use String Catalogs for pluralization in Swift by Natascha Fadeeva covers great new Xcode feature for localization;
- David Smith shares his design process for visionOS – First Attempt at Designing for visionOS and Designing a Weather app for visionOS;
- @backDeployed to extend function availability to older OS releases by Antoine van der Lee explains approach to bring new features to older OS releases;
- Douglas Hill provides his view on Vision Pro’s place in Apple ecosystem – Vision Is an Exciting Addition to Apple’s Lineup;
- Nice hint by Jesse Squires on making dynamic SwiftUI colors – Creating dynamic colors in SwiftUI;
- And another quick note on Xcode bookmarks by Jesse Squires – Where are Xcode bookmarks stored?;
- Nishant Desai shares his experience with SwiftUI – A Tryst with SwiftUI, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Enjoy Building UIs;
- iOS Architecture Essentials: Choosing Between Closures and Protocols by Leonardo Maia Pugliese is good review of loose coupling tools in modern application architectures;
- Jordan Morgan gives some hints on making context menus a bit nicer in SwiftUI – Set a Preview Shape for Views Presenting Context Menus;
- And one slightly “foreign” design pattern brought to iOS by Sarun W. – Floating Action Button in SwiftUI.
And that is it for today. Enjoy the weekend, spend some time reading and come back next week!
Developer:Go through interesting topics.
QA engineer:Go through interesting topics.
PM/DM:Business as usual.