Apple is now accepting applications from security researchers for Apple Security Research Device Program – program provides researchers with modified iPhone devices allowing easier vulnerability investigation and reporting.
Among other features, researchers can use a Security Research Device (SRD) to:
- Install and boot custom kernel caches.
- Run arbitrary code with any entitlements, including as platform and as root outside the sandbox.
- Set NVRAM variables.
- Install and boot custom firmware for Secure Page Table Monitor (SPTM) and Trusted Execution Monitor (TXM), new in iOS 17.
Applications are open through October 31, 2023.
Apple Security Research Blog: 2024 Apple Security Research Device Program now accepting applications
Apple Security Research: Apple Security Research Device Program
- Apple Invites Researchers to Apply for Special iPhone Designed for Finding Vulnerabilities
- Apple opens applications for its 2024 Security Research Device Program
Developer:Consider joining program, if doing security research for iPhone.
QA engineer:Consider joining program, if doing security research for iPhone.
PM/DM:Business as usual.