Reports show that Windows 10 end of support in 2025 could actually benefit Mac marketshare.
Kandji’s Apple in the Enterprise Report shows that majority (more than 90%) of IT professionals praise Apple device deployment in the workplace and this delivers business advantage. Other findings include:
- 76% of large enterprises report an increase in their use of Apple devices in the past year.
- 57% report that Apple device use is growing faster than other device options.
- 67% of IT professionals report an increase in employee productivity with Apple devices.
- Over half of the respondents report reliability and long lifecycle as major benefits.
- Over half of IT professionals surveyed report that iPhone and iPad are better for the productivity and user experience of remote/hybrid employees compared to 15% for Android.
- 30% of IT professionals report reduced total cost of ownership with Apple adoption.
- One of the most compelling statistics in the report is that 76% of IT professionals say that Windows or Android devices are more likely to be targeted in a cyberattack than Apple devices.
TechInsight’s Global Shipment Report, China accounted for 24% of all iPhone shipments in Q2 2023, while the U.S. market accounted for 21%.
Omdia’s report highlights that iPhone 14 Pro Max is best selling model overall.
Kandji: Apple in the Enterprise Report
- Mac could benefit from 2024 PC market revival, Windows 10’s death
- China Overtakes U.S. to Become Biggest iPhone Market in Q2 2023
- New IT survey finds that Apple deployments are tied to positive business outcomes
- Businesses increasing Apple hardware buys because of longevity & reliability
Developer:Business as usual.
QA engineer:Business as usual.
PM/DM:Study device marketshare, focus on more popular devices for existing features. Consider Mac deployments where appropriate, add macOS apps where relevant.