Together with iOS 15 Swift 5.5 is now released. Swift 5.5 contains a lot of changes for the developers, biggest being Structured Concurrency, actors, AsyncSequence and many others.
Starting today we're publishing digest of interesting articles to read over the weekend. This issue covers Swift, SwiftUI and other development topics on Apple platforms.
- One of the important reads which will define Swift development over the years – pitch on Distributed Actors;
- Lee Kah Seng goes publishes Preventing Data Races Using Actors in Swift explaining usage of actors;
- Federico Zanetello publishes couple of interesting articles – Every SwiftUI Environment Value explained which covers environment values used in SwiftUI;
- Another Frederico's article is View masking in SwiftUI going from clipping to custom masks over views;
- John Sundell publishes review on Codable synthesis for Swift enums. New Swift features allow easy JSON models over enums;
- Article from Sarun Wongpatcharapakorn goes through JSON data model simplification in How to set custom CodingKey for the convertFromSnakeCase decoding strategy article;
- Using Variadic Parameters in Swift article from Gabriel Theodoropoulos makes deep dive into Swift feature that is commonly forgotten;
- Long read on debugging years-old issue – Reverse engineering a 5 year old Xcode issue by Bruno Rocha.