Well, Wonderlust event brought us new iPhones and Apple Watches. We've made our first pre-orders and now we could enjoy the weekend with some great articles to read.
- Stefan Kieleithner explores custom text elements with
UITextInteractionprotocol – Adopting UITextInteraction;
- How to present a local html file in SwiftUI by Natascha Fadeeva solves problem of showing predefined styled content to users;
- Leonardo Maia Pugliese covers SwiftUI view lifecycle – SwiftUI Guide: Triggering Actions Solely on First View Appearance;
- Keith Harrison helps you to prepare for Swift 6 with Strict Concurrency Checking in Swift Packages;
- Mark Szymczyk provides a guide to add help menu for your SwiftUI app – Adding a Help Menu to a SwiftUI App;
- If and switch expressions in Swift by Antoine van der Lee uncovers recent Swift syntax changes;
- Lee Kah Seng guides us through adapting your widgets for Standby mode – Understanding Container Background for Widget in iOS 17;
- Working With UIViewRepresentable by Chris Eidhof helps improving UIKit and SwiftUI cooperation;
- Point-Free Pointers blog post helps with testing approaches – Inline Snapshot Testing;
- Christian Tietze reminds on
UserDefaultsdefault value registration – UserDefaults.register(defaults:) Is a Bit Like Nil-Coalescing;
- Generated Asset Catalog Symbols in Objective-C by Jordan Morgan goes through Objective-C support for Asset Catalogs;
- SwiftDataKit: Unleashing Advanced Core Data Features in SwiftData by 东坡肘子 goes through feature parity between Core Data and SwiftData.
And that is it for this weekend. Come back next week for more great articles!