Apple releases C++ wrapper for Metal.
Metal-cpp is a low-overhead C++ interface for Metal that helps developers add Metal functionality to graphics apps, games, and game engines that are written in C++.Apple Developer
- Drop in C++ alternative interface to the Metal Objective-C headers.
- Direct mapping of all Metal Objective-C classes, constants and enums to C++ in the MTL C++ namespace.
- No measurable overhead compared to calling Metal Objective-C headers, due to inlining of C++ function calls.
- No usage of wrapper containers that require additional allocations.
- Identical header files and function/constant/enum availability for iOS, iPadOS, macOS and tvOS.
- Backwards compatibility: All
bool MTL::Device::supports...()functions check if their required selectors exist and automatically return
(ErrorDomain)constants are weak linked and automatically set to
nullptrif not available.