Another weekend is coming, so here are some good reads to spend some free time.
- Nice article from Quentin Zervaas on Action Button support in watchOS apps – Adding Support for Apple Watch Ultra Action Button;
- Wojciech Kulik explores different IDEs for Apple development – How to develop iOS and macOS apps in IDEs like Neovim or VS Code?;
- Quick developer guide on SwiftData for iOS by Natascha Fadeeva goes through new persistence framework in iOS 17;
- RevenueCat publishes payment calendar which would be useful, if you sell apps or have in-app purchases or subscriptions – Apple fiscal calendar year and payment dates;
- Keith Harrison provides overview of new stub view available in iOS 17 – Content Unavailable Views;
- Being a good citizen in the land of SwiftSyntax by Point-Free Pointers covers important considerations when working with SwiftSyntax framework;
- Jordan Morgan promotes an approach to work with third party dependencies – Masking Third Party Dependencies;
- Mastering Preview macro in Swift by Majid Jabrayilov is great collection of hints on using new
- Antoine van der Lee goes through thread dispatch mechanisms in modern Swift concurrency – Thread dispatching and Actors: understanding execution;
- Designing for spatial computing: Understanding spatial awareness by Emanuele Agosta covers aspects of designing Apple Vision Pro apps.
That would be it for this week. Come back next Friday and we'll share more great articles.