First day of WWDC23 was packed with announcements. Here is a list of announcements captured by media.
Apple Vision Pro will have its own biometric authentication based on iris. iOS and iPadOS apps running on headset which use Face ID or Touch ID for authentication will automatically switch to Optic ID for seamless experience.
Siri now drops "Hey" part of activation phrase. Moreover, you can now do follow-up requests to speed up interaction.
Apple to provide developers with Development Kit later this year.
Headset will have support for prescription lenses, not all prescriptions will be supported though.
Safari gains extensive support for web apps in macOS 14 Sonoma. Safari also brings support for spatial computing with
<model> tag providing easy way of displaying 3D content alongside with web page.
Follow up notifications to take medications are added. Mental health and vision control features are also built in. Device will now notify users if they're holding device too close to their face.
- Autocorrect and predictive text were significantly improved in iOS/iPadOS 17.
- iPadOS 17 adds support to external webcams, not just those which are embedded into display.
- AirTags now could be shared between multiple users.
- Used SMS verification codes could be automatically removed.
- App Store Review Guidelines now target fake and "bad" apps.
- Optimized charging comes to more Apple Watch models.
- Developers without paid membership now could install developer betas.
- Stickers in Messages now could be created from photos.
- Video conferencing features with presenter overlay would be available to different applications.
- iOS Photos will recognize pets.
Apple Newsroom: Apple previews new features coming to Apple services this fall
- Apple announces new Optic ID biometrics for user authentication on Apple Vision Pro headset
- Apple says it has fixed iPhone autocorrect with iOS 17
- Siri no longer requires ‘Hey’ command to activate, now has back-to-back requests
- iOS 17 Lets You Share AirTags With Others
- iOS 17 Can Automatically Clean Up Verification Codes That Clog Up Messages App
- Apple to Provide Developers With Vision Pro Development Kits
- Apple Vision Pro Headset Supports Prescription Inserts for Glasses Wearers
- News from WWDC23: WebKit Features in Safari 17 beta
- iOS 17 Introduces Follow-Up Reminders to Take Your Medications
- App Store Review Guideline updates go after fake apps, bad ads
- iOS 17 Tidbits: Enhanced Siri Suggestions, Multiple Timers, Recipe Visual Look Up, and More
- watchOS 10 Extends Optimized Charge Limit to More Apple Watch Models
- Apple Makes Developer Betas Free to Download and Install
- iPadOS 17 Adds Support for Studio Display Webcam and Other External USB Cameras
- You Can Turn Your Photos Into Animated Stickers With iOS 17
- WWDC 2023: New FaceTime Features Coming This Fall
- iOS 17 Photos App Recognizes Your Pets