Apple releases tvOS and HomePod software 16.3.1. This is purely bug fix release, nothing interesting is referenced in release notes.
Following the yesterday's updates to iOS and other platforms Apple now updates tvOS and HomePod software to 16.3.
Most notable feature would be enabling humidity and temperature sensors in HomePod mini.
HomePod software updates include:
- Temperature and humidity sensing measures your indoor climate with HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod mini
- Remastered ambient sounds are more immersive and can now be added to scenes, automations, and alarms in the Home app
- Find My on HomePod now enables you to ask Sir for the location of friends and family, if they have shared it with you
- Recurring Home automations can be set up using just your voice
- Siri confirmation tone will now play to indicate when smart home requests are completed for accessories that may not visibly show a change or are located in a different room
- Audio tuning optimizes spoken content such as podcasts for even greater clarity on HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod (1st generation)
- Updated volume controls on HomePod (1st generation) give you more granular adjustments at lower volumes
Following announcements on new Mac hardware Apple today announces update to HomePod.
Second generation HomePod gets S7 chip, UWB, temperature and humidity sensors. HomePod also gets Matter smart home standard support.
HomePod second generation follows design of original smart speaker while getting sound quality improvements too. However, it is noted that original HomePod could not be combined as stereo pair with second generation.
HomePod mini apparently also has temperature and humidity sensors. And those will be enabled with upcoming software update.
Sound Recognition feature comes to both new HomePod and HomePod mini to listen for smoke alarms in the house.
- Apple Announces Second-Generation HomePod
- Apple unveils new full-size HomePod with refined design, new color, $299 price, more
- PSA: HomePod stereo pairs won’t work between first and second-gen speakers
- New HomePod & existing HomePod mini have temperature sensors
- Both HomePod and HomePod Mini Now Feature Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- HomePod mini software update will activate hidden sensor and Sound Recognition feature
- New HomePod Can't Be Stereo Paired With First-Generation HomePod
- Apple Expanding Sound Recognition Feature to New HomePod and HomePod Mini With Software Update Later This Year
- HomePod (2nd Generation)
Apple publishes iOS/iPadOS 16.3 beta 1, macOS 13.2 beta 1, watchOS 9.2 beta 1 and tvOS 16.3 beta 1. No corresponding Xcode beta is there yet.
iOS 16.3 and macOS 13.2 beta 1 bring support for hardware security keys for Apple ID second factor announced recently. iOS beta also now shows guidance on HomePod handoff process.
Apple Developer: Get ready with the latest beta releases
Beta download: Operating Systems
- iOS & iPadOS 16.3 Beta Release Notes (no important notes)
- macOS Ventura 13.2 Beta Release Notes
- watchOS 9.3 Beta Release Notes (no important notes)
- tvOS 16.3 Beta Release Notes (no important notes)
Following recent RC Apple now releases iOS/iPadOS 16.2, macOS 13.1 Ventura, watchOS 9.2 and tvOS 16.2. Xcode 14.2 is also released.
HomePodOS received corresponding update (which is required for Home updates and Matter support).
Apple also releases security bug fixes for previous OS releases - iOS 15 and macOS 11 Big Sur and macOS 12 Monterey.
This update brings several important updates:
- iCloud Advanced Data Protection;
- Support for Rapid Security Responses;
- Freeform application;
- Apple Music Sing;
- New Apple Watch workout modes;
- Apple Home reliability improvements;
- iPadOS external display support.
- iOS 16.2 rolling out today with Apple Music Sing, Freeform app, much more
- Apple Releases New HomePod 16.2 Software
- Apple Releases iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2 With Freeform, Apple Music Sing, Advanced Data Protection and More
- Apple Releases watchOS 9.2 With Outdoor Workout Improvements, Crash Detection Optimizations, Noise App Tweaks and More
- Apple Releases tvOS 16.2 with Apple Music Sing, TV App Tweaks and More
- iPadOS 16.2 and Stage Manager for External Displays: Work in Progress, But Worth the Wait
- Apple Releases macOS Ventura 13.1 With Freeform, Advanced Data Protection, Find My Improvements and More
- Freeform Leverages the Freedom and Flexibility of a Blank Canvas
- Apple's Advanced Data Protection feature is here - what you need to know
- iPadOS 16.2 brings these improvements for Stage Manager, plus AirTag tracking alerts
- Hands on with Apple's Freeform collaborative brainstorming app
- watchOS 9.2 now available for Apple Watch; here’s everything new
- iOS 16.2 patches over a dozen security vulnerabilities, iOS 15.7.2 also available with fixes
- Apple Music launches collection of playlists with songs perfect for ‘Sing’ karaoke feature
- iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2
- macOS 13.1
- iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2 Fix Over 30 Security Vulnerabilities
- Xcode 14.2 released with support for iOS 16.2, macOS Ventura 13.1
- Xcode 14.2 Release
- Apple Watch Ultra gains battery improvement with watchOS 9.2 and Multisport workouts
- New Apple Music Sing Playlists Now Available in iOS 16.2
- 9to5Mac Daily: December 13, 2022 – Everything new in iOS 16.2, macOS 13.1, and more
- iOS 16.2 Features: Everything New in iOS 16.2
Apple announces HomePod mini availability in Finland, Norway, Sweden in December 13. South Africa joins December 19. Denmark and possibly other countries to follow in spring.
Apple Newsroom: HomePod mini er tilgjengelig fra neste uke (no)
Apple releases major updates to iPadOS and macOS. iPadOS 16.1 and macOS 13 Ventura bring several notable features:
- Stage Manager on both macOS and iPadOS (currently limited to several iPad models);
- Weather app for both platforms;
- Shared iCloud Photo Library.
iOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1 and tvOS 16.1 are also released today. HomePod software is also updated to 16.1 version.
These updates also bring:
- Support for Matter smart home standard;
- Live Activities on iPhone;
- Clean Energy Charging in select US states;
- New Siri UI and features for Apple TV;
- A lot of other updates across the systems.
Interestingly, Apple Card Savings Account was not introduced with iOS 16.1. It is now expected to be added later.
Also Apple releases Safari 16.1 for older macOS releases.
iOS 16.1 brings support for SKAdNetwork 4.0. Update provides more details on ad performance, better analysis of web ads leading to App Store pages.
Xcode 14.1 gets second Release Candidate so far.
Beta download: Applications
Release notes: Xcode 14.1 RC2 Release Notes
- Apple Releases tvOS 16.1 With Siri Improvements, iCloud Shared Photo Library, Matter and More
- Apple Releases New HomePod 16.1 Software With Matter Support
- Apple Releases watchOS 9.1 With Battery Life Improvements and Matter Integration
- Apple Releases iOS 16.1 With Support for iCloud Shared Photo Library, Matter, Live Activities and More
- Apple Releases iPadOS 16 With Stage Manager, Weather App, Desktop Class Apps and iOS 16 Features
- Apple Releases macOS Ventura With FaceTime Handoff, Continuity Camera, Stage Manager, New Apps and More
- iOS 16.1 Includes Several Improvements to SKAdNetwork for Advertisers
- Apple Delays Daily Cash Savings Account for Apple Card Users
- macOS Ventura: 50 New Features and Changes Worth Checking Out
- Safari 16.1 Brings Support for Passkeys, Web Push, Apple Pencil Hover and More
- Apple Shares More Details on iOS 16.1 Clean Energy Charging Feature
- iOS 16.1 Features: Everything New in iOS 16.1
- Stage Manager on iPad: How to use the polarizing new feature in iPadOS 16 [Video]
After several beta versions and RCs, Apple finally releases iOS/iPadOS 15.6, macOS 12.5, watchOS 8.7 and tvOS 15.6. HomePod 15.6 software is also released.
Operating systems add improvements for sports live programming in TV app and fix some issues in all platforms, including critical security fixes.
HomePod software adds support for more Siri voice recognition languages.
- Apple Releases HomePod 15.6 Software With Siri Voice Recognition in Additional Languages
- iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 now available to all users, here’s what’s new
- Apple Releases macOS Monterey 12.5 With Safari and TV App Updates
- Apple Releases iOS 15.6 With New Live Sports Features, Storage Bug Fix and More
- Latest iOS 15 and macOS 12 updates contain critical security patches
- macOS 12.5
- iPadOS 15.6 Fixes iPad Mini 6 Charging Issue
- Apple Removes AirTag Battery Level Indicator From the Find My App
- HomePod and HomePod Mini Gain Support for Swedish and Norwegian
Big day for Apple users – macOS 12.1 Monterey with SharePlay support is released. iOS/iPadOS 15.2 is also released together with watchOS 8.3 and tvOS 15.2.
Important new features in the updates:
- SharePlay is available on macOS 12.1 Monterey;
- iOS, iPadOS, watchOS provide App Privacy Report allowing users to inspect app network activity in a friendly form;
- Communication safety features for children are added, will notify children of potentially unsafe content;
- Digital Legacy is now added allowing users to designate people to take care of Apple ID when user passes away;
- Updates add support for Apple Music Voice plan;
- Xcode 13.2 brings support for upcoming Swift Playgrounds 4 project format;
- Swift Concurrency back deployment is now enabled in Xcode 13.2.
Xcode download from App Store might be broken for now
According to Developer Forums thread there might be issues with Xcode 13.2 downloaded from App Store. This issues might also be already resolved. In case, you see similar behavior, please use Developer Downloads section to get Xcode 13.2.
Together with macOS Monterey, Apple also pushed security updates for macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina.
Apple also updates Developer Agreement to reflect changes related to Swift Playgrounds 4 and Xcode Cloud.
HomePodOS gets 15.2 update which brings new Siri languages including Dutch and Russian, hinting new territories for HomePod sales. tvOS 15.2 also gets new languages supported for Siri.
Notably, Universal Control feature is postponed til Spring 2022.
- About iOS 15 Updates
- About iPadOS 15 Updates
- About watchOS 8 Updates
- What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey
- About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates
- Xcode 13.2 Release Notes
- Apple Releases tvOS 15.2 for Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K
- Apple Releases watchOS 8.3 With Apple Music Voice Plan and App Privacy Report
- Apple Releases iOS 15.2 With App Privacy Report, Legacy Contacts, Hide My Email Improvements and More
- Apple Releases HomePod Software 15.2 With Apple Music Voice Plan Support
- Apple Releases macOS Monterey 12.1 With SharePlay
- Apple Officially Delays macOS Monterey Universal Control Until Spring 2022
- macOS 12.1
- iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2
- iOS 15.2 Features: Everything New in iOS 15.2
- Xcode 13.2 update hints at upcoming Swift Playgrounds 4 release
- Apple updates its Developer Program agreement to clarify use of Swift Playgrounds, Xcode Cloud, more
- Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.6.2 and Catalina update with security fixes
Apple held "Unleashed." special event. During this event there were couple of important announcements made.
- New MacBook Pro models 14" and 16" featuring M1 Pro and M1 Max chips;
- M1 Pro supports up to 32GB of RAM, features 8 high performance cores and 2 high efficiency cores and 16 graphic cores;
- M1 Max supports up to 64GB of RAM, features 8 high performance cores and 2 high efficiency cores and up to 32 graphic cores;
- New MacBooks feature HDMI port, SDXD card reader, MagSafe 3 power connector and 3 Thunderbolt/USB-C ports.
- MacBooks now have up to 8TB of storage options;
- New MacBook Pro feature Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion support (with up to 120Hz refresh rate);
- New AirPods 3 feature AirPods Pro like design and spatial audio support, but without noise cancellation;
- Apple quietly adds new charging case for AirPods Pro with MagSafe support;
- New "Voice plan" is announced for Apple Music in select countries featuring lower price tier and Siri support;
- New color options are announced for HomePod mini.
MacBooks, AirPods, HomePod minis are available for pre-order.