Starting today we're publishing digest of interesting articles to read over the weekend. This issue covers Swift, SwiftUI and other development topics on Apple platforms.
- One of the important reads which will define Swift development over the years – pitch on Distributed Actors;
- Lee Kah Seng goes publishes Preventing Data Races Using Actors in Swift explaining usage of actors;
- Federico Zanetello publishes couple of interesting articles – Every SwiftUI Environment Value explained which covers environment values used in SwiftUI;
- Another Frederico's article is View masking in SwiftUI going from clipping to custom masks over views;
- John Sundell publishes review on Codable synthesis for Swift enums. New Swift features allow easy JSON models over enums;
- Article from Sarun Wongpatcharapakorn goes through JSON data model simplification in How to set custom CodingKey for the convertFromSnakeCase decoding strategy article;
- Using Variadic Parameters in Swift article from Gabriel Theodoropoulos makes deep dive into Swift feature that is commonly forgotten;
- Long read on debugging years-old issue – Reverse engineering a 5 year old Xcode issue by Bruno Rocha.