Great weekend for another big pack of great articles to go through.
- Jamf Threat Labs share interesting article on making user believe that iPhone is on Airplane mode while it's not – Fake Airplane Mode: A mobile tampering technique to maintain connectivity;
- How NSHostingView determines its sizing by Brian Webster explorers sizing in SwiftUI and AppKit;
- Geor Kasapidi explains SwiftPM usage for data protection – Crafting a Swift Package Plugin for App Data Protection;
- Attempting to connect a tvOS app to an iOS app with DeviceDiscoveryUI by Ben Dodson explores cross-device communication options for Apple TV;
- Jon Reid has two articles on unit testing – iOS Unit Testing Champion: What Are My Roots, My Focus, My Passion? and Simplify Your iOS Test Writing: Introducing a Streamlined File Template;
- Continuing with Async XCTest Assertion Helpers by Christian Tietze on XCTest helpers;
- Dan Torres provides options on using tests to look for memory leaks – How to Automate Memory Leak Detection in Your Swift Code with XCTest;
- Leonardo Maia Pugliese explores adaptive views in SwiftUI – Adaptative Views That Fit Anywhere in SwiftUI;
- Keith Harrison goes through SwiftData tasks – SwiftData Background Tasks;
- Making your SwiftData models Codable by Donny Wals covers important aspect of SwiftData code generation;
- Natascha Fadeeva goes through Kotlin features – Introduction to Kotlin for Swift developers - variables, functions & control flow;
- Build performance analysis for speeding up Xcode builds by Antoine van der Lee goes through build performance optimizations;
- Great collection of SwiftUI tips and tricks – SwiftUI Cookbook by Kodeco team;
- iOS app setup for remote push notifications by Natalia Panferova gets you ready to support push notifications in your app;
- Swift URL absoluteString versus path by Jesse Squires reminds on URL and file paths in Apple platforms;
- Peter Tretyakov goes on Metal code optimization – Optimizing Metal: Stitch several Metal functions into a single shader using MTLFunctionStitchingGraph;
- Michael Tsai covers Core Data configuration – Turning Off Core Data Persistent History Tracking;
- And couple of guides by AppleInsider – Getting started with WidgetKit: Making your first macOS Widget and Understanding MetalKit: Getting started with Apple's graphics framework.
And one video on SwiftData:
That's a lot. Weekend will be packed.