Heat waves are attacking California, so probably more time to be spent under AC or at the beach. Anyway, we still have good list of nice reads for developers.
- Marco Eidinger shares his experience with SwiftPM – Why is it so damn difficult to create a binary framework for your Swift Package;
- SwiftUI onChange Deprecation by Keith Harrison covers aspects of migration to iOS 17 SwiftUI state management;
- Jesse Squires shares his simple yet important tip on
UserDefaults– Stop prefixing your UserDefaults keys;
- Good article on mixing SceneKit and SwiftUI by Mark Szymczyk – Scene Editor Development: Showing a SwiftUI View Based on a Selection;
- Point-free Pointers share their approach on testing asynchronous code – Announcing Concurrency Extras: Useful, testable Swift concurrency., Reliably testing async code in Swift;
- Mastering charts in SwiftUI. Selection. by Majid Jabrayilov covers interaction aspect in charts;
- Antoine van der Lee covers logging in modern applications – OSLog and Unified logging as recommended by Apple;
- How to Create Callback-like Behavior Using AsyncStream in Swift by Lee Kah Seng is showing to add completion blocks to asynchronous tasks (like in good old days...);
- Another article by Jesse Squires on SwiftUI – How to customize NavigationLink accessory views in SwiftUI;
- Jordan Morgan rebuilds Thread's UI in SwiftUI – Thread’s iOS Interface in SwiftUI;
- Push Notifications Options in SwiftUI by Leonardo Maia Pugliese goes through use of notifications in SwiftUI apps.
And just one site to bookmark collection – Laws of UX is a collection of best practices that designers can consider when building user interfaces. by Jon Yablonski. Site brings a lot of user experience hints with examples. Definitely recommend to keep an eye on it.
And with this – let's start this weekend! Come back next Friday for more good reads!