WWDC23 edition of weekend good reads is here. Surely, there are still sessions you want to watch or re-watch, but there are already great articles that go well with WWDC content.
- Paul Hudson gives great overview of Swift 5.9 features – What’s new in Swift 5.9?;
- Article by Majid Jabrayilov continues on new features but for SwiftUI – What is new in SwiftUI after WWDC 23;
- Marco Eidinger highlights all new frameworks announced – All new frameworks presented at WWDC23;
- New SwiftUI Support for MapKit in Xcode 15 by Audrey Tam explains MapKit usage in SwiftUI;
- Natalia Panferova shares several great articles: pattern matching guide – Swift enum pattern matching with extra conditions, new inspector views in SwiftUI – Inspectors in SwiftUI, new static properties for color and images – Access colors and images from asset catalog via static properties in Xcode 15, grouping controls in context menus – ControlGroup in context menus in SwiftUI, keyboard usage in iPadOS – Keyboard driven navigation with focusable() on iPad in SwiftUI, and great hint on
Bindingusage – How to map a SwiftUI state to a binding of a different type;
- Christian Tietze explores more uses of pattern matching – Swift Pattern Matching with Extra Conditions, and the Value of Syntax Summaries, SwiftUI introspection practices – How to Inspect SwiftUI.TextField.onSubmit and Figure Out You Can't Programmatically Use It, and highlights one issue that developers could encounter – SwiftUI.List with Menu with Plain Button Style Breaks Event Loop;
- Lee Kah Seng provides great performance debugging tips – 5 Simple Steps to Find Slow Code Using Xcode Time Profiler;
- Sarun W. goes through couple of WWDC announced features – What's new in SF Symbols 5, How to preview UIViewController in Xcode Previews, How to preview UIView in Xcode Previews, Xcode Previews with UIKit and AppKit in Xcode 15;
- ContentUnavailableView: Handling Empty States in SwiftUI by Antoine van der Lee explains uses of new dedicated view when no content is available;
- Great article on App Store rejections by Charlie Chapman – The ultimate guide to App Store rejections;
- And finishing with great review of Vision Pro by John Gruber – ★ First Impressions of Vision Pro and VisionOS.
And... Apple Treats team reviews WWDC23 announcements in next episode – Spatial Computing! on June 14, 2023 at 9:00am PDT. Join us with your thoughts and impressions! See you on the live stream and come back next week for more great articles!