Apple releases RC for iOS/iPadOS 16.3, macOS 13.2 Ventura, watchOS 9.3 and tvOS 16.3. Apple announced that release will be available next week.
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:Apple
- New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
- Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two factor authentication sign in process on new devices
- Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding the side button with the up or down volume button and then releasing in order to prevent inadvertent emergency calls
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
- Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display Home app status
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
- Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly
iOS/iPadOS 15.7.3 RC is also released with security bugfixes.
Beta download: Operating Systems
Release notes are not updated for Release Candidate.