One week closer to WWDC (we're even considering taking a break for good reads on WWDC week). But we still have more than a month for weekends filled with great articles.
- Let's start with nice recap on Swift 5.8 by Sarun W. – What's New in Swift 5.8;
- And also another one for those who has to use Rosetta during development – How to Open using Rosetta in Xcode 14.3;
- Natascha Fadeeva guides on QR code scanning with VisionKit – How to scan QR codes with VisionKit for iOS;
- Homage to Objective-C approach to
Booltype – Converting A Swift String To A Bool by Keith Harrison;
- Majid Jabrayilov covers
Canvasdrawing in SwiftUI – Mastering Canvas in SwiftUI;
- Auto-updating macOS apps without App Store via Sparkle is explained in Sparkle by Sarah Reichelt;
- Lee Kah Seng deals with sensitive information in widgets – How to Create Custom Redacted Effects on Widgets?;
- Unit testing async/await Swift code by Antoine van der Lee covers important aspects of unit testing in structured concurrency world;
- Coincidentally Donny Wals provides good review on Tasks in Swift – Understanding unstructured and detached tasks in Swift;
- Leonardo Maia Pugliese covers one of the important aspects of maintainable code – Cyclomatic Complexity in Swift: Understanding How it Affect Your Code Quality;
- Okay, Copilot is now works in Xcode – Christian Tietze proves in in Copilot for Xcode Works Okay.
And finishing with great book available for free – Make Something Wonderful – Steve Jobs in his own words (also available in Apple Books). Book provides new perspective to Steve Jobs and is very inspirational.
See you next week!