Apple provides developers with access to first beta of iOS/iPadOS 16.2, macOS 13.1, watchOS 9.2 and tvOS 16.2.
Beta brings Freeform app which Apple demoed on WWDC22. External display support is also now available for iPads with M1 and M2 chips.
Also new beta brings new Home app architecture aimed to improve stability of smart home management.
Also, iOS 16.2 will have an option to report erroneously triggered SOS calls to Apple. Possibly, this should minimize false calls in the future.
Notably, no new Xcode beta is published. Xcode 14.1 is still in RC2 stage.
Beta download: Operating Systems
- iOS & iPadOS 16.2 Beta Release Notes
- macOS Ventura 13.1 Beta Release Notes
- watchOS 9.2 Beta Release Notes
- tvOS 16.2 Beta Release Notes
Apple Developer: Get ready with the latest beta releases
- iPadOS 16.2 Beta Adds Support for Using Stage Manager With External Displays on M1 and M2 iPads
- iPadOS 16.2 beta adds Freeform collaboration app, Stage Manager external display support
- iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2, and macOS Ventura 13.1 Betas Introduce Freeform App
- iOS and iPadOS 16.2 Betas Overhaul Home App Architecture With Improved Performance
- iOS 16.2 beta introduces new architecture to the Home app for a more reliable experience
- iOS 16.2 lets users report to Apple when Emergency SOS is unintentionally triggered
- Hands-On With the New Freeform App in iPadOS 16.2
- Everything New in iPadOS and iOS 16.2 Beta 1: Freeform App, Stage Manager External Display Support, Accidental Emergency SOS Reports and More