Apple announces that it brings Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro apps to iPad. These apps will require iPads with Apple M1 chip or better to work.
Additionally, these apps will switch to subscription model with $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year plans. These apps will be priced independently from Mac apps for now. Those who purchased Mac apps will have to buy iPad apps separately.
Apple also did not announce changes in pricing for Mac apps.
iPad versions of the apps have touch tailored interface but also support keyboard and trackpads.
As a note to professionals – pro workflows usually require plugins which might not be available for iPad versions of the apps.
Apps will be available starting May 23, 2023.
Apple Newsroom: Apple brings Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro to iPad
- Apple Announces Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad With Subscription Models
- Logic Pro iPad compatibility, features, release date, more
- Final Cut Pro iPad compatibility, capabilities, release date, more
- Let’s talk about subscription pricing for Logic and Final Cut Pro for iPad
- Final Cut Pro for iPad: A preview of iOS 17 pro camera features?
- Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad
- Apple Launches Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad
- Final Cut and Logic arrive on iPad: Questions and (some) answers