It is officially winter and here is new great pack of good articles for all Apple developers.
- Interesting observation by Christian Tietze on mutating functions that do not actually mutate the structure – Mutating Struct and State Observers: How the Latter Will Be Notified Even for 'No-Ops';
- Good deep dive into SwiftUI performance – SwiftUI is convenient, but slow by Alin Panaitiu;
- Series of articles on app design by David Smith – Design Notes Diary #1, Design Notes Diary #2, Design Notes Diary #3 and Design Notes Diary #4;
- Animated Background in SwiftUI by Leonardo Maia Pugliese is a great example of how to use animations to make apps more appealing;
- Majid Jabrayilov continues his series of articles on SwiftUI layout system – Building custom layout in SwiftUI. Caching.;
- Provide custom size for UIViews wrapped in UIViewRepresentable by Natalia Panferova helps improving usage of UIKit views in SwiftUI environment;
- Ole Begemann shares one caveat on view clipping in SwiftUI – clipped() doesn’t affect hit testing;
- Great tutorial on Shortcuts in iOS by Jordan Morgan – Create a Basic Shortcut using App Intents;
- Sheets in SwiftUI explained with code examples by Antoine van der Lee gives examples of sheet view presentations in SwiftUI;
- If you want to build your own build automation scripts, Developer guide on the App Store Connect API by Natascha Fadeeva will be a good start;
- CloudKit Console Act As iCloud Account by Keith Harrison provides hints on how to work with CloudKit data using specific account in CloudKit Console;
- Couple of interesting reads by Sarun W. – How to fix "The compiler is unable to type-check this expression in reasonable time" error and What is Swift If Case.
Have a great first winter weekend and see you soon!