Apple releases tvOS 16.1.1 which addresses issue with Apple TV 4K 128GB models not being able to use more than 64GB of storage.
Apple publishes press release announcing availability of satellite SOS feature.
Feature is now available for US and Canada users. Other countries to follow next month.
Emergency SOS feature allows to send location or text message in case when there is no cellular coverage. Feature is available for iPhone 14 models.
Apple Newsroom: Emergency SOS via satellite available today on iPhone 14 lineup
- iPhone 14 Emergency SOS via Satellite Rolling Out Today to Customers in the U.S. and Canada
- iPhone 14's Emergency SOS via Satellite Feature to Expand to France, Germany, Ireland, and the UK Next Month
- Here's How to Share Your Location via Satellite With Find My
- Here’s how to test iPhone 14 Emergency SOS via satellite before you actually need it
- Here's a Closer Look at the iPhone 14's Emergency SOS via Satellite Feature Available Today
- Apple Demonstrates Emergency SOS via Satellite in Ad as Feature Launches
- Testing Apple's New Emergency SOS via Satellite Feature
Apple today releases bug fix and security updates to its mobile and desktop operating systems.
Some of the issues fixed by this update include spontaneous WiFi disconnects reported by some iPhone users.
Also, Apple now limits AirDrop 'Everyone' access to 10 minutes in China addressing AirDrop spam that could be delivered, if user forgets to put more restrictive access mode for AirDrop.
This change though could be also a result of China regulators trying to limit spread of anti-government materials. This change seems to be affecting only devices bought in China and is not affected by regional settings in the operating system.
Apple released Xcode 14.1 with iOS 16.1, iPad 16.1, macOS 13 Ventura support. It is confirmed that Xcode 14.1 is identical to RC2 released previously.
Download: Xcode 14.1 (direct XIP download)
Release notes: Xcode 14.1 RC2 Release Notes (these event state RC2)
Apple releases major updates to iPadOS and macOS. iPadOS 16.1 and macOS 13 Ventura bring several notable features:
- Stage Manager on both macOS and iPadOS (currently limited to several iPad models);
- Weather app for both platforms;
- Shared iCloud Photo Library.
iOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1 and tvOS 16.1 are also released today. HomePod software is also updated to 16.1 version.
These updates also bring:
- Support for Matter smart home standard;
- Live Activities on iPhone;
- Clean Energy Charging in select US states;
- New Siri UI and features for Apple TV;
- A lot of other updates across the systems.
Interestingly, Apple Card Savings Account was not introduced with iOS 16.1. It is now expected to be added later.
Also Apple releases Safari 16.1 for older macOS releases.
iOS 16.1 brings support for SKAdNetwork 4.0. Update provides more details on ad performance, better analysis of web ads leading to App Store pages.
Xcode 14.1 gets second Release Candidate so far.
Beta download: Applications
Release notes: Xcode 14.1 RC2 Release Notes
- Apple Releases tvOS 16.1 With Siri Improvements, iCloud Shared Photo Library, Matter and More
- Apple Releases New HomePod 16.1 Software With Matter Support
- Apple Releases watchOS 9.1 With Battery Life Improvements and Matter Integration
- Apple Releases iOS 16.1 With Support for iCloud Shared Photo Library, Matter, Live Activities and More
- Apple Releases iPadOS 16 With Stage Manager, Weather App, Desktop Class Apps and iOS 16 Features
- Apple Releases macOS Ventura With FaceTime Handoff, Continuity Camera, Stage Manager, New Apps and More
- iOS 16.1 Includes Several Improvements to SKAdNetwork for Advertisers
- Apple Delays Daily Cash Savings Account for Apple Card Users
- macOS Ventura: 50 New Features and Changes Worth Checking Out
- Safari 16.1 Brings Support for Passkeys, Web Push, Apple Pencil Hover and More
- Apple Shares More Details on iOS 16.1 Clean Energy Charging Feature
- iOS 16.1 Features: Everything New in iOS 16.1
- Stage Manager on iPad: How to use the polarizing new feature in iPadOS 16 [Video]
Apple publishes bug fix releases for iOS and watchOS.
Apple releases iOS 16.0.2 and watchOS 9.0.1 for Apple Watch Ultra.
iOS 16.0.2 fixes several issues found recently:
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
Updates also resolve couple of security issues. Apple does not disclose the details though.
- iOS 16.0.2 Fixes iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max Camera Shake, Pasting Alerts, and More
- Apple releases iOS 16.0.2 to fix iPhone 14 Pro camera shake bug, copy and paste permission, more
- Apple Releases iOS 16.0.2 With Bug Fixes for iPhone 14 Pro Camera Vibration, Copy/Paste Issue and More
- Apple Releases watchOS 9.0.1 for Apple Watch Ultra
- watchOS 9.0.1 update arrives in time for Apple Watch Ultra launch
Spotify notifies users to not update their Apple Watches to watchOS 9. Update breaks streaming capabilities. It is seemed that Apple soon might issue an update to address these issues.