Apple releases Xcode 15 with Swift 5.9 toolchain.
Xcode 15 includes Swift 5.9 and SDKs for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, watchOS 10, and macOS Sonoma.
Mac App Store – Xcode
- Swift macro support brings inline expansions and breakpoint debugging in the source editor
- Git staging helps craft your next commit without leaving your code
- String catalogs streamline localization with a single place to view and edit strings
- Bookmarks help organize your favorite locations and searches in your projects
- Test reports provide summary view, testing insights, and video playback for UI automation results
- OSLog offers a structured and customizable logging mechanism in the debug console
- Documentation Preview editor brings real-time preview for DocC content
- Archive workflows streamline distribution with simplified export and upload to TestFlight and the App Store
Swift 5.9 is now officially released for supported platforms.
This is a major new release that adds an expressive macro system to the language and introduces support for integrating Swift into C++ codebases through bidirectional interoperability.
It also introduces parameter packs, an improved expression evaluator while debugging, enhanced crash handling, Windows platform improvements, and more.
Mac App Store: Xcode
Release Notes: Xcode 15 Release Notes
Swift Blog: Swift 5.9 Released