It's rainy here in California (which is unusual...) and our weekend is perfect to spend some time reading technical articles. Let's go.
- Paul Hudson makes great review of Swift 5.8 new features – What's new in Swift 5.8;
- Pimp My DocC Documentation by Marco Eidinger is a nice review of DocC customizations available in Swift 5.8;
- Quick tip by Natascha Fadeeva on simplifying test for
nilin tests – Quick tip on how to unit test Swift optionals with XCTUnwrap;
- SwiftUI Tables Quick Guide by Keith Harrison covers work with tables in SwiftUI by macOS;
Equatablein Swift could be implemented manually or synthesized automatically, go into details with article by Antoine van der Lee – Equatable conformance in Swift explained with code examples;
- Slightly less technical article, but still very important for engineers – How to avoid burnout as a software engineer? by Krzysztof Zabłocki;
- SwiftUI app lifecycle does not come with launch storyboard, how to deal with that – How to add Launch Screen in SwiftUI by Sarun W.;
- Sarah Reichelt shares open source project for a real life – To-Day;
- Supporting multiple iOS versions is hard, Leonardo Maia Pugliese proves that – How to Change the Background Color of Navigation Bars in all iOS versions?;
- Non-nominal types workaround for domain modeling by Alejandro Martinez is great exploratory article on working with types in Swift.
And one more thing. Apple Treats podcast is back with new episode. Our guest is Natalia Panferova whose articles you've already read.